Saturday, December 12, 2009

So in a hissy I called into work and said I was never coming back. Financially this puts me in the pits. I've literally cooked beans for the past three nights straight, and am selling everything in my apartment to fund graduate school. A few of my friends threw parties to fundraise for extra monies for their respective trips to guatemala and the michigan womyns ffestival, but that's not me.

I've been absorbing theory lately, and its inspired me to finally get on my apps and spruce up my writing samples. In the midst of are prisons obsolete? , I had an aha moment. (Angela Davis always has this effect on me.ihe consciousness is contagious, I swear). Time to do away with the life I've been sitting in. I promised myself a year after I graduated to focus on my consciousness and myself, but tips and pricy outings distracted me from specific values I've neglected for far too long. Since I quit: I've been laughing, having frequent visitors, having these visitos document their self images on canvas for me to hang on the walls of my new place. Wherever it is and wheever I get there. Oh yeah, back to the list. I spent time at the hospital with the women, and my boss. I got an award from the neuropsych lab and cnn called my research supervisor to potentially do a segment on the program! Cnn! All this on the coat tails of my first pulished manuscript. Financially my life is in its perpetual low point, but academically aand consciously I'm thriving, and leaarning. There are some things money can't buy and I will sell my apartment into empty space if it means spending my days with angela, michel, bell, and judith.

No comments:

Post a Comment